Turkey realizes 82% of the total dried apricot trade of the world. When we look at the world dried apricot production and export of dried apricot, it can be seen that Turkey is the leader without any serious competitors.
Turkey is the biggest dried fig producer and exporter in the world. 60-70% of world’s dried fig production and 75% of world’s fig export is being made by Turkey.
Turkish dried figs are grown under natural conditions, harvested and sun dried on racks under controlled conditions. They are graded and stored in hygienic plastic food grade crates and washed with running warm water and packed at hygienic conditions.
Sultanas are dried seedless grapes of Vitis Vinifera L. variety. The large, yellow-green grapes that are dried into these raisins are particularly flavorful and soft. Sultana raisin are mainly used in the traditional cakes, breads and biscuits.
Turkey has the most suitable climate conditions for vine growing in the world and is the origin of the vine genes.
Grape figures which is found in different locations of Anatolia points out to the fact that growing grapes has been the part of the culture for centuries.
Why Dried Fruits
Dried fruits contain vitamins and minerals in their composition, are found to be useful in many functions of the human body such as;
- Regulation of the functioning of the brain, giving energy and helping relief stress,
- Helping in recovery of the liver,
- Playing an important role in keeping bones and teeth healthier and stronger,
- Prevention of anemia by increasing Fe+ production,
- Prevents the formation of stomach and intestinal ulcers,
- Providing regulatory role in reproduction system,
- Acting as a cancer preventative,
- Helping children growth, curing diseases with inflammation.